Friday, November 6, 2015

Running on empty signals you to slow down


Happy Friday!



Guess what? You made it through another week. Treat yo self however you want, whether that's a half hour nap or getting a pint of Ben and Jerry's to eat while you're watching a movie or both. 
Me? Right now at this moment, I have a sinus headache, stuffed-up nose and a runny nose, and a sore throat. I will try to keep this article relatively short so I can nap and maybe eat some ice cream or drink tea to soothe my sore throat. Yep, those are my plans as a college student on a Friday night. Allergies suck. If you didn't know that already.
My latest Odyssey articles link are here and here. I hope you enjoy them!

Fast. We live life in the fast lane. It's hard for us to slow down. Why? We hate being left behind. 
We often forget that we need to slow down every now and again. A car can't forever run on E. Not only is that bad for the engine, but also it hurts. We are the same way. When we are always running from place to place without slowing down, it's mentally and physically painful and/or exhausting. 
When we finally run out of gas, we just can't go anywhere until we refill our "tanks". However you relax is completely up to you; just make sure you do it. I'm not sure if this happens to anybody else, but when my allergies flare up or get sick, I feel like it's my body telling me, "Melissa, you need to slow down and recuperate." Or when I had my wisdom teeth out, I needed to slow down and to give myself time to recover. It wasn't easy for me to sit around and not being able to get back to going from one thing to the next. 
So, how am I slowing down? I'm taking the time to thankful just a few of the many important people in my life for being there: my parents, my siblings, my aunts and uncles, my grandparents, cousins, friends, mentors, and awesome co-workers. I'm truly blessed when it comes to people mentioned above; they put up with my Grumpy Cat obsession, my bouncing-off-the-wall personality when I've had too much coffee/caffeine, my delayed reactions when I'm going on less than 5 hours of sleep, my addiction to coffee or anything that has even a little bit of caffeine, my habit of talking to myself more than what's normal, and etc.  







Until next week,















Thought of the day

 




No comments:

Post a Comment