Friday, November 27, 2015

Black Friday isn't for everyone


Happy Friday!


For some of my readers, they had to work today, and for the others, they had the day off. Either way, it's the weekend! I hope those who shopped today didn't die and got the deals they wanted. 
As I write this, I'm watching the Iowa vs. Nebraska football game and I realize my break is almost over. Which is sort of saddening because I feel like I have wasted it or haven't used as a break. My break has consisted of reading and/or doing homework, helping my parents around the house, visiting/spending time with family and friends, and sleeping but mostly doing reading. 
Black Friday. Did I go shopping today? Nope. Did I go shopping Thursday? Nope. If that surprises you, you must not know me as well as you might think you do. To begin with, I'm not a huge fan of shopping. Now add twice as many people, and you wouldn't see me anywhere near a store. Fighting other people for the same items to only save a little? Nope. That's not my main reason. 
What gets me is the day before, Thanksgiving, is for being thankful for what we do have, and the very next day, we need to shop for more and more things. In recent years, this pandemic has gotten worse with stores opening up on Thanksgiving. Rather than enjoying the day off with family and/or friends, many people would rather shop. Sure, there is the argument that they are spending time with family. The only question I have for them is: is it really worth fighting others for the same gifts in the end? 
To me, I would rather spend time with family without being rushed and doing something I actually like doing.
But if that's what you like to do, then keep doing what you want to do.






Until next week,












Thought of the day

 



No comments:

Post a Comment