Friday, October 16, 2015

Sometimes we have to learn make the sacrifice




Happy FRIDAY!


Hello, all readers of mine! Did you read that top line, because if you didn't, I suggest you read it again. JBIF (Jumping Because It's Friday) is the new acronym I just came up with. Another reason for you to enjoy today is the fact is you survived this week with all its trip-ups and stumbles. YAY! GO YOU.
Another reason for me to be happy is that I survived this week of three tests or mid-terms. Although, I have two tests next week, but I will remember I can do it and survive.

Other reasons: IT'S HOMECOMING FOR UNI. That's pretty exciting. I will be working during the parade and half the game, but life isn't always going to work around my work schedule. Sacrifice is a part of life, and I am continuously experiencing and learning that. Life lessons sometimes need to be taken with a smile plastered on your face.
*********
The main focus of this post is to talk about a topic many people experience frequently- some more than others- if their day-to-day lives. It's something that can be a hard or easy decision for people to make. Depending on how the decision will affect yourself and/or others in your life, it can almost be a decision someone makes without even thinking about it. 
Sometimes the effects of our decisions we make have consequences we didn't anticipate or we couldn't avoid. We don't always realize how the decision we make now will be worth it out in the end. 
 Sacrifice
In life, this something that can be guaranteed as something you will have to go through. The cool thing about sacrifice is that it's a life-long process, and it's not something we figure out once and think it will be the same situation every time. Circumstances will be different. Context around the decision will be different. Your mind-set will be different. 
Parents. I realize all parents are not like mine. They make so many sacrifices for their children. You want that last piece of cake? Go ahead. It's almost an automatic given that parents put the needs and wants of their children ahead of their own. Some parents don't mind making because they believe they are doing it out of love for their children and just want to see their children happy. Others believe differently. It's for this reason (among others) that I'm thankful for my parents and all the sacrifices they have made for me, because they didn't have to do it. Thank you, Mom and Dad.

Military and other emergency response people. While some might have strong opinions when it comes to these people and their actions, I believe we all could agree on the fact they are putting their lives on the line to protect us and that's something we should recognize that brave sacrifice. What we often forget is the family and friends of these brave people who make the incredible sacrifice that they do. I don't say this as often as I should, but I'm thankful for those brave people. Thank you, members of the military and other emergency response teams for ensuring my safety and getting me assistance when I need it.

Siblings (specifically older for me). This is true for me. They have sacrificed nights out to watch me for my parents. Or the times Mom said they had to take me with them if they went somewhere (obviously having your little sister tag along wasn't cool). For the times when they put up with the stupid and maybe embarrassing things I would say about them in front of their friends or someone they liked liked. Also for the times they let me watch whatever Disney channel movie happened to be premiering that night. They have made so many sacrifices for me, and I appreciate for putting up with my antics and quirks. Thank you, Billy and Rachel.

Family and friends. For those who don't already know, I have many quirks and strange aspects of my personality. There are a couple that I think my family and friends have a hard time with. No-filter on what comes out of my mouth sometimes (re: most of the time) and that I talk to myself. Sacrificing their time to be patient with me while I likely backtrack what I maybe should have filtered. Also they sacrifice their reputation when they are with me out in public and I say something without thinking or if I start talking to myself in public. Thank you, family and friends.



Take the time to thank those who have made sacrifices for you.














Until next time,

(Oh God. The Toy Story 3 feels are coming back to me! Ahh!)















Thought of the day

 


No comments:

Post a Comment