Friday, October 9, 2015

Siblings: forced by nature; friends by choice


Happy Friday!


Guess what? You made it through another week of life. And if that's not something to celebrate, I don't know what to tell you. It's been quite a week for me, and I'm ready for a break. Strangely, I'm usually always ready for the weekend.
Here's the links to my latest articles from The Odyssey. 
A little update on my life. On Wednesday, I had an interview with STEM on campus for a student communications assistant position. It went as well it could, and I'm hoping things will work out like they should. If I get the position, it would be an amazing opportunity for me. If not, I can take comfort in knowing I tried and I gained more experience with interviews. I'm just trying to keep a positive mindset. 
Also on Wednesday, my big brother, Billy, turned 26 years old! It's hard to find the words to describe how much I love this guy. He's been there for me when I had my accident and whenever I needed advice about anything from car troubles to stressing over classes. He's not perfect (no one is), but he's taught me right from wrong, how to be sarcastic, how to ride a bike, and so much more. 
Thank you for always being you, Billy! 
"Bro.ther (person): 1. a role model for learning how to be a good person. 2. a model to compare potential boyfriends against. 3. a best friend for life."
Onto my topic of this post which is....I don't know. I know I have called wolf many times when it comes to saying that. There are too many thoughts going through my mind for to pick just one to talk about. 
Okay. After procrastinating long enough, I decided on a topic. This topic is something that many people take for granted sometimes and play a big part in our lives. We sometimes forget to take the time to thank them for all they put up with. Something I have touched on a little bit already.

Siblings

I realize that not some people are not as fortunate as I am with two older siblings. Sometimes I forget to thank them for all they have taught me, all the good and bad times, all the crap they have had and continue to put up with me, all the love and support I have received, and all the times they needed to snap me out a bad mood. 

Sometimes, we fight like no other which makes my mom just shake her head most of the time. But there are other times we are getting along, laughing, and just enjoying time with each other. It's those times where my mom just looks between us and smiles that secret smile of hers. I have thought about that smile so many times and what it might mean. My theory is that she's happy and content with her children getting along and experiencing what it is like to means to have someone who will be there no matter what. 

I saw somewhere that asked the question, "Do you ever look at someone and they could be doing the simplest thing and think to yourself, 'Man, I really love you.'" That happens with my siblings and extended to my family. Sometimes I love just watching them all getting along, making memories, enjoying each others company, and I am completely content with my life in those moments. 

Thank you, Rachel and Billy for putting up with me.

P.S. You are sort of stuck with me either way. 












Until next week,














Thought of the day







No comments:

Post a Comment