Friday, June 5, 2015

There are 3 types of honest people in this world

Happy Friday to all!



You might be thinking, "Why, Melissa, it feels like you haven't posted in a while."
Yes, dear reader(s?), I feel the same way! And I should have posted earlier, but naps are important and addicting. Maybe I shouldn't stay up to 1:30am when I have to be up five hours later....oops!

Okay. FINE. You caught me again. (Damn, you guys really get me to be honest with myself. I love that and I love you all! Seriously, though, I appreciate you reading my blog posts.) 
For the last three weeks, I have been binge-watching Ugly Betty. And I finished today! So, of course, I needed to transform into fangirl mode: watching fanvids on Youtube and reading Fanfiction about my OTP (one true pairing...for those who don't know) DETTY or Daniel and Betty! (Yes, the ship name could be better, but the only other option was Baniel....) 
Yes, I know the show cancelled after 4 seasons (a real shame, if you ask me). But that show has touched on some extremely delicate topics: a man becoming a woman (a recent example being Caitlyn Jenner), gay and the struggles they face, marital affairs, death, the constant struggle of what it means to be beautiful- both in the fashion scene and in society, trying to find out who are with some many people around you who think they know you better than you know yourself, women in the workplace and in business, and many others.
I highly recommend the show. For anyone. It's a girl-empowering show. But, all, it's insightful more often than not, and sometimes it's subtle and sometimes it's obvious.
A few examples....



*End of promoting Ugly Betty*

*START of actual post topic*

Kids are sometimes the most entertaining and honest kind of people.

Yes, they are. I heard once that there are only 3 people who are honest in this world.
  • Drunk people (Most of the time, but it really depends on the person and HOW much alcohol was consumed)
  • Angry people (Again, most of the time, but again it depends on the person and sometimes when a person says something they don't mean) 
  • Little kids/children
They have a way of looking at a situation that seems complicated and impossible and see it and break it down to something simple. And most of the time they phrase it in a way that makes you want to just hit yourself for not realizing it. 

Don't blame yourself, though. Kids have a different perception of the world. It's true. Unlike them, we (non-kids) have seen the ugliness, dishonesty, breaking of promises, evil, and destruction in the world. 
We have learned how a couple of terrorists on planes could send the country into a panic and cause the raising hatred of most Middle-Eastern people because of it.
We learned how one man could lead an army of people to end one race while trying to create the "perfect" race. 
We learned how wars sometimes seem like they have/cause more destruction and causalities than just soldiers. 
We learned how wars seem to make people pick sides.
Kids are so very important in today's society, regardless of how you personally feel about them. They are a reminder of our own childhoods and youth. And I don't know about anybody else, but I certainly don't want to lose that inner-Melissa. And with how this society is changing to something ugly, I don't want to lose a part of myself; otherwise, I have lost who I am and the part of me who says stuff like: "don't listen to them- you are beautiful" and "just be the better person like Mom taught you even if you are hurting." 
That would mean society wins. 
Society would control who I am.  
To that, the inner-Melissa says, "NO! You can't make me!"  

YES, Kid President. How right you are.
This GIF is for you. 

 
 


That's it for now. 

Until next week.....





Thought of the day






No comments:

Post a Comment