Thursday, May 28, 2015

A wedding and a baby shower....not necessarily in that order

Happy Frid-

I mean...HAPPY THURSDAY :)


You might be wondering why I'm posting a day early. 
*silence with cricket sounds* No? That's fine. I will tell you anyway. 
This coming weekend is a busy one for me. 
Friday - going out with a friend

Saturday morning - baby shower


Saturday afternoon/night - wedding/reception 


Sunday - napping



------------------------------------------------------

Okay, you got me. I have absolutely no idea to write about. I could write about baby showers or college friends, but I'm just not feeling it. 
I'm almost 19 and (1/2) years old. And I'm not afraid to admit that I have never been kissed. Most of the time that doesn't bother me. The perk of being the youngest on both sides of the family is that I get to watch and learn from my family's relationship experiences. 
Wanting a marriage vs. Wanting a wedding
To me there is a difference. In today's society with celebrity weddings and Pinterest (admit, ladies, you know it's true), it is easy to get caught up with the superficial aspect of weddings. Ever since I started remembering the weddings I attended as a child, I can and will admit that's all they were to me. Oh, another wedding to go to....where there's free food and cake!
But somewhere all the along the way, all those weddings transformed to marriages. And it gets me thinking, as I sit alone while a slow song plays, that many people (those who actually want to get married someday) want a wedding. And I would almost bet that most of those people are women (not be gender stereotyping). 
I will admit that I once wanted a wedding. But now? I want (or hope for) a marriage. A long-lasting relationship where we grow with each other and tell our grandchildren the funny story of how we met. I saw somewhere that Romeo and Juliet isn't not love, but it's the old couple who stayed together not matter what. 
I know that right now it's a dream. Hopefully one day it will be a reality for me.



Until next time....









Thought of the day







   



No comments:

Post a Comment