Friday, May 15, 2015

'Tis the season for season finales of my tv shows and philosophical thinking


  Happy Friday all!






            If this is the first post of mine that you are reading, please feel free to read my first post to get more familiarity with who I am and what my purpose is with this blog.

WHAT TIME IS IT? SUMMERTIME! 


That's right! No homework, no studying to do. 
Honestly? It feels great not having to worry about homework and studying. That doesn't mean I haven't been trying to keep up with what's been going in the news and learning/trying new things so my brain doesn't go on a full 3-month vacation. 
My summer roommate is Chinese. Yes, really. No, I won't take a picture to prove it. You just got trust me on this one. It's been kinda of a culture shock for me- sometimes it's really hard to talk with her and there are things that she does that I'm like what the hell and there habits that bother me (like leaving water all over and around the sink and the floor). I'm not saying I want to move out. Really I'm marking this experience off as "diversifying myself" and "learning more about a culture different from mine".
On the bright side, I have caught up on most of my movie watching. The Theory of Everything, Big Hero 6, American Sniper, Guardians of the Galaxy. All AMAZING MOVIES. I gotta be honest. Big Hero 6 made me cry and really hit home for me in so many ways. Which is weird because I didn't think I'd like it all that much (for what reason? I don't know), but I keep seeing posts about Baymax on my tumblr dash. And I was like "you know what? I need to see this movie." I'm glad I did watch it. Now, I want my own personal Baymax. I need Baymax to become a thing, a real thing. He's like your own personal marshmallow. Not the kind of marshmallow you eat, though.


My name is Melissa Curtis, and I'm (happily) addicted to Arrow, The Flash, The 100, and Suits. As I mentioned in the title of this post, it is the time of the year for season finales. 
Arrow's Season 3 finale was this past Wednesday. AMAZING. SERIOUSLY. SINCERIOUSLY. (side note: I would try to explain this campaign but I wouldn't do it justice. For a short recap, it's promoting a word with selling items like t-shirts and mugs but the all the proceeds go to amazing charities/organizations. Click here for the background on this...bonus you get to see Stephen Amell at his finest!)
The Flash (a spinoff from Arrow) has their Season 1 finale next Wednesday. EEKKK.
The 100 status: on break right now. (btw, my shipper heart broke at the end of season 2 finale.) 
Suits status: COMES BACK ON JUNE 25TH. (btw, my shipper heart broke at the end of season 4 finale). 
***Fact of the day: Melissa is an avid fangirl and shipper (Shipping, initially derived from the word relationship, is the desire by fans of two people, either real-life celebrities or fictional characters, to be in a relationship, romantic or otherwise. Thanks, Google!)*** 
For those who don't know or haven't heard of Arrow, the sparknotes version of a description is that it's like a modern day Robin Hood (basically the first season). I seriously recommend it. I love the characters and the actors (cough cough Stephen Amell) do an outstanding job portraying the characters while still adding their own personal quirks or touches. Plus you get to see HOT Stephen Amell (shown below) shirtless...a lot...and working out....a lot... (yes, I know I am objectifying him and that's wrong to do. I can't help it. SO SUE ME. ........ please don't do that-I'm a poor college student.) 

As mentioned above, The Flash is spinoff from Arrow. (**I STRONGLY RECOMMEND STARTING WITH ARROW FIRST. To me the two shows are co-dependent in terms that they crossover and play off each other.) The show follows the life of Barry Allen who becomes the fastest man alive (aka The Flash) by accident. He struggles with his obvious crush on his girl best friend and struggles with figuring out who killed his mom. It's only on its first season, but I love watching this show. Plus, Grant Gustin is sooooo easy on the eyes, AND HE CAN SING. Gahhh! 

The 100 (it is based off of the popular book series of the same name by Kass Morgan) is set 99 years in the future after an apocalyptic nuclear attack made the Earth unlivable. The Ark (like a space station) is dying and the "president" sends The 100 (a group of teenage delinquents) to see if Earth is habitable. Like any good dystopian tv show, the 100 soon learn they are not the only ones on Earth and need come together as a community to survive. I first started watching this start because I would see stuff pop up on my tumblr dash (mildly interested) and then I was caught up after binge-watching The Flash and needed something to watch (definitely interested). I. Was. Hooked. Like the other two addictions, there is a hot male character involved (why wouldn't there be?). Bob Morley aka Bellamy Blake. Sigh. The gif is worth more words than I can possibly come up with.

Suits. I originally started watching because my dad was. He had it on one night, and I looked up from my homework and couldn't stop watching. Me, being an idiot, kept watching the episodes that were premiering every week. I finally watched the episodes I missed this past winter break. The show follows Mike Ross, an intelligent man with photographic memory, wasn't able to go to law school (which reasons are eventually explained) but is hired by Harvey Spector, an equally intelligent man who is emotionally stunted and sometimes is ruthless, at a prodigious and well-respected law firm in New York (who only hires from Harvard...seriously, it's a rule and requirement). Think: to cover up one lie, one has to tell more and more lies. This show not only has one, but TWO ridiculously hot men, Gabriel Macht as Harvey and Patrick J. Adams as Mike. Seriously. It's unfair but awesome all in the same. 


Philosophical Thinking/Random thoughts

  • I'm scared to talk to or approach a guy because I don't know for sure if he actually likes me or if he just humoring (re: pitying) me. That unknown is too scary for me to take a risk. 
  •  Does this mean I am scared of liking a guy, trusting a guy, letting someone in? 
  • Hell yes.
  •  Does not taking that risk make me weak? 
  • Possibly.
  • If I don't get over the fact of that great unknown, could I end up regretting it and ending up alone?
  • It's likely.  

  • Some people are beautiful by their words. Some people are beautiful by their physical appearance. Some people are beautiful by their actions. Rare people are beautiful by all three reasons.  

  • I know relationships take time, but I don't see any guys sticking around long enough for that to happen.


  • I wonder if any guys go out of their way to do or say something they think might impress me.

  • I hate being so f***ing lonely. Everyone tells me I deserve the moon and, in the same breath, say, 'but I can't give it to you.' Is that hard to be a partner? To hold me close when I need it? " -Anonymous

  • "You'd lose your mind trying to understand mine." -Anonymous 
  • In reply, "Losing my mind would be worth getting know yours."                                                                                             -Anonymous   

I hope I haven't lost you in the somewhat depressing/angst-y thoughts. The first four are my own thoughts. The last two gems I found on Yik Yak.

Well, that's all for this post! You made it the end! :D 

 Now, go treat yourself somehow.




Thought of the day: 


No comments:

Post a Comment