Friday, June 26, 2015

Love is in the air


Happy Friday, dear readers!


If you are reading this, congratulations! You made it through another week! And if that isn't reason enough to be excited/happy, then I don't know what to tell you.
It is my hope to keep this post short for a couple of reasons. I'm extremely tired (being up at 5:45am and going on 5 hours) after working and being the DD (designated driver) for my brother and his girlfriend. And other reason is I feel a headache coming on. *insert sad face here*

As I just mentioned, my brother and his NEW girlfriend. They made it "Facebook official" on Tuesday. So you know what that means for yours truly here?
If you guessed "it means you are a superhero with magical powers," I hate to break to you but you would be wrong (though I want you to be right).
This means both my siblings are in relationships once again, and I am still single. And not that I am complaining about being single.
Being single has it perks. If a person wanted to, they could go on as many casual dates as they want, kiss whoever they want, stay out as late as they want, and so on.
But when it all seems like everybody around you are happy and in relationships and you aren't necessarily sad and not in a relationship, it can suck. And I mean really suck. 
Being the third wheel sucks. Couples attempt to not make you feel like one, but that usually ends up with making the situation more awkward and you feel even more like a third wheel.

My personal dilemma aside, I can now address the real reason why this post is titled the way it is. Today is a day for the history books. People will look back on this day and remember that, June 26, 2015, is the date the United States Supreme Court legalized gay marriage.
First off, congratulations to all everyone! This is great progress towards acceptance of the LGTB community and what it means. 
Second off, it's about (insert terrible word here) time. As a Roman Catholic, I firmly believe God loves everyone despite whatever may seem like is wrong about them. God loves all. 
Third off. why would it matter to me if a homosexual couple wants to get married. Who am I to interfere into a happy and healthy relationship between two people? It shouldn't matter if both people have the same "down there" parts. 
Everyone, whether people believe this or not, deserves to love and be loved in return. If a man happened to find that in another man or a woman happened to find that in another woman, then we should all just take a step back and try stop controlling who people can and cannot marry and, furthermore, to love and be loved by.






'Til next Friday!


Thought of the Day


     

No comments:

Post a Comment