Friday, May 13, 2016

Life is a delicate balance of pretty much everything


Happy Friday!


Well, if you're reading this, it means you're alive and breathing. If that's not something to bask in, then I don't know what to tell you. I told a co-worker to treat her self to a cookie because she deserved it. 
With starting two jobs, it's been a crazy week. Don't get me wrong; I am loving my new job as student assistant to the library's Public Relations committee! It's my chance to take what've learned in my classes and apply it. The old saying goes, "life is the best teacher," and it is. I'm truly blessed to have this opportunity to do this, to get this experience and been able to use the skills I'm learning now for future job interviews. But getting into the grove of working two jobs? That's going to take me a couple of weeks to find a routine or a grove. 
I think it's safe to finally congratulate my fellow college students (of those who haven't graduated yet) on surviving another semester of stubborn professors (not all, of course), reading-based classes (Humanities, I'm giving you the side eye on this one) or test-based classes, relationship drama, pesky or slightly irritating co-workers (not mine, because mine are pretty awesome), and more. To be honest, this was honestly my most stressful semester yet with all the of new challenging classes, personal relationship changes, and the stress that comes with "adulting". 
Here's the link to my latest Odyssey article: Tell Your Anxiety No More.
My post this week will likely be short because I'm creatively exhausted and physically worn-out. 
Life is a balance. Exercising not enough and exercising too much. Always giving and not taking. Always taking and not giving. There needs to be a balance of giving and receiving. This is needed in relationships, workplaces, family affairs, and in life. 
There shouldn't be one person in a relationship that's always giving in to the other for a multitude of reasons. This isn't right. This is unhealthy. It isn't new that people who have differing opinions, thoughts, principles, and etc. And when there's a difference in opinions, there's a disagreement or fight. Fighting in relationships is normal, healthy even; a lack of fighting is a sign of someone always giving in. We don't always know how to fight. Yes, that is something that we should learn how to do. We might think we know how to because growing up with friends, parents and/or siblings. But something I think we forget is the relationships we have are different. How we fight with our siblings is different from how we fight with friends. How we fight with one friend to another is different, as well.  






Until next week,










Thought of the day

 


No comments:

Post a Comment