Friday, August 14, 2015

Dear readers...


Happy Friday!


I would like to take a moment to thank each and every one who reads my blog. Whether it's every once in a while or every post, it means the world to me that people want to hear what I have to say. It's an amazing and empowering feeling. I can finally say: "I have a voice, and this is what it's saying!" 

Thank you for giving me that feeling!


In the spirit of being thankful, I would like to take the time to list only some of the many things I have to do thankful for.*
*In no particular order :)

Things I have been blessed with: 

FAMILY who loves and supports me
a few FRIENDS who I can count on being there when it matters 
a JOB that I can make money and be given the experience
a ROOF and BED to stay and sleep
the OPPORTUNITY to get an education
the A/C on hot days like today 
all the SACRIFICES people have made for me
ELECTRICITY to allow me to charge and power anything I need
WI-FI and/or INTERNET that allows me to connect to other people
BOOKS when I need an escape from life
MUSIC when I need to get out of my head for a little while
GOD and all the ANGELS in heaven looking out for me every day
I could go on forever (okay, maybe not forever) but that wouldn't necessarily be a good use of a post.
We take things and people for granted. Don't deny it. I can't deny that fact any more than I can deny the fact my name is Melissa Curtis.
I don't mean any harsh feelings by saying that. It's a fact or statement that is open to interpretation. Whether we mean to or not, we do take things and people for granted. We forget that life does not owe anything. The same can be (most of the time) said about people. Being a good father or mother or sister or brother or friend is a choice. Meaning, they don't have to be to you. 
It's for this reason that we have days like Mother's Day and Father's Day and the lesser-known Grandparent's Day. We take advantage of the fact they will always be there. There will be times when they can't be there or are no longer able to be there for us. 
This does not only to parents and grandparents. This applies to everyone: friends, family, pets, teachers, professors, mentors, godparents, doctors, nurses, dentists, etc. Or basically everyone in your life or who have ever been or will be in your life. Please remember to thank them for all they do. They all have helped shape who you are today. 
If you read this and all you see on the news are terrible things, click here and read the article. Here is your one good piece of news. A nice reminder that there are good people out in this world that is seemingly full of hate and destruction.




Sometimes we underestimate what a simple "thank you" will do.







Until next Friday,












Thought of the day

 

  
  
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment