Friday, July 22, 2016

Sometimes we do all the right things and still we lose


Happy Sunday!


Hello, readers! I know that I didn't post an update last week and I'm sorry. I wasn't feeling very inspired. Andddd partly, I really want to finish binging NCIS before school starts back up. That reminds me that I need to order my books. Not much has changed in the last two weeks since I posted. Today though, I was on my way to work and, being the klutz that I am, I fell off my bike. But as much as it pained me I got back on and kept going. All I could think was, "I want my mom" and "I hurt all over". So it's safe to say that I probably won't be going on RAGBRAI anytime soon.
Here are the links to my latest Odyssey articles: To My Fellow Americans and 10 Reasons Why Siblings Are Actually A Blessing ft. my siblings.
This post came to me when I was getting ready for bed last night. Last week, I noticed an abnormality when I snacked on almonds. One of my front teeth is loose. Panicking, I ran to the mirror to see for myself and it was true. Naturally the next thing for me to do was to call my mom and tell her the discovery. I told her how I didn't know how a tooth could be loose. I flossed, brushed, and rinsed my mouth out regularly. She told me to hold on until my next dentist appointment.
You may be wondering, what's the point and are you going to make one? Yes, and here it is: sometimes you can do everything right, follow the steps carefully, and still it wasn't enough or something was screwed up. I thought by doing all the right things by brushing flossing, and rinsing out my mouth that it would prevent me from getting cavities or make me immune to cavities. Maybe not.
For some reason, I have it in my head that if I follow all the rules, follow the instructions carefully and diligently, then I won't get hurt, I will have success, or things worked out like they were supposed to, like I wanted them to, It sounds crazy and irrational but it's something I've noticed about myself. But that's me wanting to control more than I can, more than I should. The fact of the matter it sometimes we can do all the right things, all the things we're supposed to do, and still we lose.
And it sucks. It really does. We forget that we can't control everything and everyone. There's only person (technically three) who can do that and his name is God. We lull ourselves into thinking we have this control over people, situations, things, when in reality we don't. Not by a long shot. There are just some things out of our control. And that's okay. It is. Why? Because when something goes array or you make a mistake, it's a new path, a path you might have never gone down, and that new path set you on a course that changes you, your life, your perspective.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." -Jeremiah 29:11. God knows our path and how to get us there. We just to let him lead us to it, even when we can't see it.












Until next week,


















Thought of the day

 


 

 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment